Safari Guest Farm
In Germany, Namibia has been further downgraded. It’s no longer a high-incidence area.
A valid vaccination certificate is required for entry. Further information on the entry of unvaccinated five to eleven year old children from the mentioned case groups can be obtained from the Embassy of Namibia.
All other arrivals must present a negative PCR test not older than 72 hours issued by a certified laboratory in the country of departure upon entry. If a PCR test is presented that is older than 72 hours at the time of entry, non-Namibian nationals will be refused entry without exception.
The so-called Trusted Travel System applies in Namibia. Travelers who require a negative PCR test certificate in digital form for entry must upload it to the African Union Trusted Travel Initiative website or the Global Haven Platform for verification. Trusted Travel (TT) aims to improve the checking of corona test results and make it easier for travelers to enter Namibia. To do this, travelers must visit a laboratory authorized by TT for a PCR test. Travelers with results from non-listed labs must upload their test result to the Global Haven System website for review.
Welcome to Namibia and Düsternbrook
- It is a guest farm (ranch), with breathtaking views, that has achieved several awards, including the 2015 Eco Award. We are constantly improving our service, we offer you good value for your money, and we are the best choice for the independent traveller.
- We offer you a very good cheetah and leopard sightseeing tours based on 30 years of experience. We get very good feedback from our clients.
- Close to Windhoek (50km, on the new A1 direction Etosha, Exit D1499/Okapuka) and the International Airport (90km).
- Centrally situated to all tourist attractions in Namibia.
- We offer you an interesting combination of different attractions and activities: a game drive, leopard and cheetah viewing and a scenic mountain drive into the Khomas Hochland with the chance of seeing the seldom-seen Hartmann’s Mountain Zebra.
- Well-marked walking trails, horseback rides with game viewing and a rich birdlife. Can you imagine seeing a giraffe on horseback from 10 or 20 meters or even closer?
- We have a beautifully situated old farm house with its historic ambience, family atmosphere and a fantastic view overlooking the riverbed and drinking spot for the game.
- We have a large swimming pool with palm trees and a newly renovated thatched lapa with a small bar and game-viewing deck also overlooking the riverbed.
- As a visitor to a guest farm, you support the local community (economical) and support the nature conservation program. The natural wildlife and endangered species need your support. Any additional support you can give to endangered species through a donation.
- Last but not least: At Düsternbrook Guest Farm you can expect a friendly and relaxed atmosphere and our individual attention lets you feel at home.