Safari Guest Farm
Simplified Covid test
Namibia now offers the following simplification regarding the Covid test.
1. You can have the test (antigen or PCR) done right here on the farm, we just have to know in advance to book it and then certified laboratory employees come to the farm.
2. At the road block between Windhoek and Okahandja, so before you come to us you can have the test done there. You will then receive the results on your mobile phone. Or you can drive from here to the road block, which is only 30 minutes away from us. The test itself (PCR or antigen) only takes a few minutes and you’re ready to go.Both are very elegant solutions that simplify a lot and it is a huge advantage because you hardly have to wait.
In Germany, Namibia has been further downgraded. It is no longer a high incidence area, ie even unvaccinated people no longer need quarantine when they return to Germany!!! That’s good news.When entering Namibia, the PCR test can now also be 7 days old.
So get on the plane, if not now then when?
Sincerely, and a warm welcome to progressive Namibia.
- It is a guest farm (ranch), with breathtaking views, that has achieved several awards, including the 2015 Eco Award. We are constantly improving our service, we offer you good value for your money, and we are the best choice for the independent traveller.
- We offer you a very good cheetah and leopard sightseeing tours based on 30 years of experience. We get very good feedback from our clients.
- Close to Windhoek (50km, on the new A1 direction Etosha, Exit D1499/Okapuka) and the International Airport (90km).
- Centrally situated to all tourist attractions in Namibia.
- We offer you an interesting combination of different attractions and activities: a game drive, leopard and cheetah viewing and a scenic mountain drive into the Khomas Hochland with the chance of seeing the seldom-seen Hartmann’s Mountain Zebra.
- Well-marked walking trails, horseback rides with game viewing and a rich birdlife. Can you imagine seeing a giraffe on horseback from 10 or 20 meters or even closer?
- We have a beautifully situated old farm house with its historic ambience, family atmosphere and a fantastic view overlooking the riverbed and drinking spot for the game.
- We have a large swimming pool with palm trees and a newly renovated thatched lapa with a small bar and game-viewing deck also overlooking the riverbed.
- As a visitor to a guest farm, you support the local community (economical) and support the nature conservation program. The natural wildlife and endangered species need your support. Any additional support you can give to endangered species through a donation.
- Last but not least: At Düsternbrook Guest Farm you can expect a friendly and relaxed atmosphere and our individual attention lets you feel at home.